And now I'm paying for that lack of good judgement.
While being sick is rough, taking a sick day off of work has been quite enjoyable. I got to sleep in, I've been watching TV, and I just ordered a pizza ALL TO MYSELF for lunch/dinner! Life is good.
Here are some of my sick day essentials:
- TV: This should be self-explanatory. What would a sick person do without watching TV all day? I seriously don't understand how people in the 1800's and early 1900's did sick days. That would ACTUALLY be miserable. And I think it would make your sickness worse because you would have nothing to do but think about how awful you feel!
- Sudafed/Advil: Per what I said earlier, no matter how you're feeling, there is some over-the-counter drug (for lack of better word, maybe "medicine" would be more suitable for this situation) that can help make it feel better. Right now I've been continuously feeding myself Sudafed non-stop because my nose literally feels non-existent at the moment.
- Comfy clothes: I'm currently rocking this over-sized t-shirt. It is so comfortable and was just washed so it smells GREAT! Good smells and comfortable clothes always put me in a better mood :)
- Soup: I have a can that I ate a little earlier - chicken noodle is the clear choice when you're feeling under the weather. Not sure what about it, everyone always suggests that when you're sick and it actually kinda works! Probably the protein and clear broth or something (I could be totally wrong with that, by no means am I a food expert).
- Laptop/iPad/etc: Because we all obviously cannot just watch TV without any other form of entertainment! Seriously what is happening to the world? Obviously I'm on my laptop or iPhone when I'm watching TV a lot of the time (I would be on my iPad instead. If I had one...)
That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm pretty simple when I'm sick.
What do you like to have with you on your sick day?!