2. Establish a consistent, daily routine. Once I begin working, I need to establish a routine that I stick to everyday. I need to figure out when the best time to work out would be, different things I need to do at work every day to stay organized and on top of everything, and I'm sure there will be other things I need to maintain that I will figure out when I get to NYC in a month!
3. Make an AMAZING contribution to the campaign I will be working on at work. This one speaks for itself.
4. Find a place in NYC where I can go to get away from all of life's insanity. I think this is completely necessary for anyone living in NYC. Maybe it's because I saw it in the movie "Friends with Benefits", but I really like the concept. I need to find a place where I can go to get away from it all. Hopefully I can find this within the first 2 months of being in New York.
5. Train for the half marathon. Notice the key word here being train. I don't know if I am actually going to be able to do this (my running skills are EXTREMELY sub-par. It's pretty pathetic actually), but I would like to try to train for it and see what ends up happening! I am definitely going to go watch because I will have friends running in it, but I would be great to be able to do it myself.
6. Don't get fat. I know a lot of people who end up gaining weight after leaving college. Being at a desk job all day and having a lot of food in the office does not do anyone any favors, so this goal is entirely necessary for my post-grad life. Sidenote: I just found a blog that is all about this, check it out: http://theskinnyoffice.com/.
7. Get promoted. My ultimate goal is to be promoted within the first 6 months. That may sound lofty, but I plan on working extremely hard and climbing the job ladder rather quickly. I am incredibly passionate about advertising and need to start making some more money STAT. Advertising pays very low at the entry-level, and being in NYC, I need to change this as soon as possible.
8. Participate in SantaCon! This is a very easy goal, but I saw a lot of pictures of SantaCon last year (Christmas is my favorite holiday) and I will definitely be participating in it!
9. Write a new blog post at least once a week. I feel like I need to have this goal written down so I stick to it. I will try to update this blog multiple times a week, but once a week will be the bare minimum if I am absolutely pressed for time.
10. Appreciate everything life has given me and do everything I can to succeed with this opportunity. This entire situation is truly my dream. I have wanted this for so long and now that I have it, I will not screw it up. I am so thankful for this opportunity that I have been given! Hard work pays off.