Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I've developed a SLIGHT work crush...

About a week before I began my job, I was looking on my company's website. There was an extremely informative article written by a guy that I really really liked. It made me SO incredibly excited to start my job, and I noticed that one of the accounts he works on was the account that I was going to be working on too! I thought it was so neat that I was going to be working with someone who was so knowledgeable about the advertising world and I couldn't wait to meet him.

It had been 3 weeks at my job and I still hadn't run into this advertising genius. I had kinda forgotten about him (other than the fact that I found this official copy of his article lying around the office and hung it up on my desk. What can I say - I'm an advertising nerd). On a Friday afternoon, we had a meeting, so I got there a few minutes early (an EXTREME RARITY for my company, where arriving 5 minutes late would be considered on-time). There were 3 people in the room, 2 of which I knew, and one cute guy that I had never seen before. We introduced ourselves - "Hi, I'm Charlotte!" I said, sticking my hand out for the traditional handshake. "Hi, I'm Scott!" he replied.

I couldn't believe it. It was the guy who had written the article!

Mid-handshake I just paused, looked him in the eye and exclaimed "Oh my goodness, you wrote that article!" I was completely awestruck. His picture both online and in the article that was hanging on my desk looked NOTHING like how he looked in person. He was soooo cute! Oh my, I was enamored.

He laughed (yay, he thought I was funny!) and replied "Yes, yes I am!" Looking around the room, clearly not expecting to be recognized for something that I assume he had written because my agency needed an article for its website. "What a good Friday!" he joked. A guy that is incredibly good-looking AND funny, that's something I could get on board with!

People started filtering in and the meeting began. The entire time, Scott was very professional, but he would sneak little jokes into the conversation. OH, and he is Australian, so he has the BEST accent ever! I was completely smitten. I went back to my desk in disbelief - how could this young, cute guy be so knowledgeable? He was perfect.

Since I had seen him in person, I found out where his desk was. I used to sit far from my team, so when I would go over to converse with them, I passed him every time. COULD ANYTHING BE BETTER IN THIS SITUATION?! Answer: no.

A week later, we all switched desks so that our team could be re-structured and everyone would be in the same area. I was happy to be by my team, but noticed that Scott's desk had moved too! I was a little sad until I creepily found his new desk - we sit kind of almost facing each other. These screens block our faces from actually looking, but it is still amazing.

If you don't think that I am totally weird by this post, congrats! Because I slightly weird myself out in this situation. Obviously nothing will ever happen with us, but it sill brightens up my day when we walk by each other and say "what's up?!"

Oh, I am such a smitten kitten (Phoebe Buffay reference, anyone?!).

<3, Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. Great use of a Friends reference. Well done. And congrats on the work crush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a God- send
    I've been in love with NY lately and your gonna be able to give me some insight.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness thank you so much! I hope I don't let you down!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete