Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weekend getaway

Sorry I've been MIA for basically a week now. YIKES, it definitely HAS been a week. I was away from NYC from Wednesday until Sunday night, and last night I was just TOO DEAD to write any posts. So now I will make up for it!

For the 4th of July, I left New York and headed to Boston. I had never been, so I was reallyyy excited! My friend from high school went to BU and still had her apartment there, and a lot of her friends were around. It. Was. Awesome. Despite the fact that it was basically 100 degrees and crazy sunny, I had an amazing time! Boston likes to party, and I loved the city. :) Next time I go back to visit my friends who are working there, I am definitely going to stay for longer!

View from my friend's deck. Unreal.
After the Fourth, my friend picked me up and drove me and one of my other friends (both from college) to his lake house in Maine. It was honestly the most beautiful place I have ever been to in my life. Never had I been around that much nature! In the Chicago suburbs, people have lake houses and boats on little man-made things (I canNOT call them lakes now that I have seen the real thing), but they absolutely fail in comparison.

We spent all of Friday night, Saturday, and some of Sunday morning just hanging out on the lake and being outside. It was a MUCH NEEDED break from the real world. I only checked my phone about 3 times a day when I was up there (partially because of the bad service, but mostly because we were just outside enjoying nature and each other's company). I have not been off the grid for that long in a while!

My friend's mom made us SO MUCH FOOD. I really haven't talked that much about it, but I'm so poor, it's starting to affect my eating. Soooo not healthy, but a lot of days I will survive off of getting a bag of chips for lunch ($.75 beats a $10 salad). And my typical dinner isn't that substantial either, so I haven't been eating that much quality food. Well, EVERYTHING in Maine was homemade, down to coleslaw. I ate so much one night that I threw up! (And then kept eating after...) I left his house with a full tummy and a nice tan.

Needless to say, the entire Fourth of July weekend was a smashing success! I can't believe that's my last break until Labor Day now...

<3, Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm so glad you got such a wonderful break from "real life"! I have DEFINITELY been trying to cram as much relaxing in as possible before I start my big girl job. Oh my goodness, I totally hear you with the bag of chips for lunch trick - absolutely one of my go-to "cheapie" lunches! Hahah we should totally collaborate on an eating for pennies post! >:P

    I hope your week back at work isn't too hard after such an amazing vaycay!

    Best,

    J. Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I would LOVE to collaborate on an eating for pennies post! Except I'm kinda failing at the moment at that...haha

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete