Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Keep the pictures. They don't change, but the people in them do.

Very suitable to this situation.
Last Friday night, I was SUPER excited. I was going out with some of my college friends that I hadn't seen since graduation. It was going to be so much fun!

I've basically patched things up with Chloe. It's just in her personality to act the way she was acting, but I think she has come to terms with everything and we are totally fine now. I am so happy because we are at a very good place in our friendship!

I was going to go out with Chloe and our other friend Lisa. How it basically works is Chloe and Lisa are like best friends, and then I just hang out with them a lot. I'm more of a floater, so the idea of having a best friend scares me - and I've had best friends before and it ALWAYS ends up blowing up in my face. I am just a more hang-out-with-everyone kind of girl. So our little situation is perfect.

We also had friends coming in from out of town. One was staying with Chloe, the other with Lisa. Lisa had mentioned to me earlier in the night that she was irritated that our friend was staying with her because that meant she couldn't bring anyone home or go home with anyone. (Seriously, girl needs to get a GRIP. Not going home with someone for ONE NIGHT won't kill you!)

Anyways, what ended up happening is that Lisa and the friend she was staying with stayed out later than the rest of us, but then Lisa ended up ditching the friend, leaving him stranded in NYC all alone! (He is not from here either, so imagine how scary that would be). He called Chloe and apparently they tried calling Lisa over 15 times and she didn't respond. Everyone had to sleep in Chloe's poorly air-conditioned apartment and didn't find each other and end up getting home until 5am. HOW AWFUL.

The worst thing is that the next day, Lisa didn't even acknowledge that anything had happened or was wrong! She even texted me asking if I was going out that night and didn't address the other situation with anyone. I mean, CLEARLY she saw the 15 missed calls and knew that she had ditched our friend. But not acknowledging it and even doing that in the first place DEEPLY CONCERNS ME. And Lisa and Chloe even had plans to have coffee last night and apparently Lisa canceled it at the last minute. She OBVIOUSLY knows she did something wrong and doesn't want to talk about it. I am still in disbelief that that happened and don't even know what to think! I feel like since we've graduated, Lisa has changed for the worse - self-involved people are never fun to be around.

SO. MUCH. DRAMA.

This is why I prefer to be friends with guys.

<3, Charlotte

3 comments:

  1. Ugh how absolutely irritating! That is so horrible! A friend comes in from out of town and obviously has no idea of where they are/where to go and then to be ditched?! He must have felt absolutely terrible! I'd be so upset if a friend of mine would do that. You are totally justified! And I hear ya, guys are WAY better...way less drama, way less problems in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! And she STILL hasn't talked with any of us about it...how bizarre!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] got to talking and decided to hash out the entire Lisa situation. Since I last wrote about it, this is what happened on my end of […]

    ReplyDelete