Monday, July 29, 2013

Okay, it's time to find an apartment!

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to meet with a broker to look at some apartments. Looking for a new place has been more challenging than looking for my summer place for a few reasons:

  1. My roommate isn't living in NYC right now. She's off in Chicago at training for her job. So it's basically all on me to find us a place. Ugh.

  2. We have started to contact brokers too early. We've been talking to them for 2 weeks now and places are JUST opening up. I know how that's how it happens in NYC but AHHH I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M LIVING IN A MONTH!!

  3. When I was looking for a summer place, I had the mentality of "I can deal with this for 3 months". Now, I'm freaking out at every place I see because I know that we want to ideally live there for 2 years. Finding a more permanent place is much more stressful than finding a temporary one!

This may be us if we can't get our act together...
Hopefully I will have some success tomorrow so we can get everything settled within the next week! Then all the madness will be over.

Wish me luck!

<3, Charlotte

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, this is my life. I am waaaay too type-A to still have this many moving pieces so late in the game. It's driving me nuts!
    Hope you have some good luck on your search tomorrow, chickadee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you! I know just how stressful it can be...especially when time seems to be winding down and a decision needs to be made. I'm the same way in that I just want to find something NOW instead of waiting! I'm sure the perfect place will open up for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apartment hunting here is a high-stress full time job! Looking for an apartment when I first moved was one of the most stressful times of my life, no joke. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh thank you!! Yea I like to plan things far in advance so this is KILLING me! Ideally I would loveee to have a place by today. Or this weekend at the latest!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you thank you! Hopefully I will have an amazing update tonight on this. And by that I mean hopefully I will have found a place that we can sign ASAP!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha yea I'm definitely bracing myself for a period of craziness and high stress. Thanks so much I'll post updates as they happen!!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. […] I wanted to meet with a broker tonight to see apartments, but I was told that even 7pm is too late for us to get inside any buildings. Ugh, and it’s not like I can just take an hour off of work on the fly or in advance because I have NO IDEA what will come up! (This is why I love being in advertising, but right now it is KILLING ME that this is the case) […]

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO ONE understands how you simply can't get an apartment here until the last minute! I bet your family and friends outside the city aren't helping the stress level.

    Every conversation I had with people outside the city while looking for an apartment: "What you haven't found a place yet??" "No! I can't! It's too early!" "But it's only a month away!" "Right! NYC real estate is INSANE!"

    Stay strong, don't loose heart; I've moved twice and both times it worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH YOU'RE SO RIGHT! My parents are like riding my ass about this and it is not helping one bit. Tomorrow I've officially confirmed the meeting for 11am so I'm excited to start looking!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete