Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Places a baby doesn't belong: at a beer garden

This weekend, I went down to the Financial District (my first time there!) to Beekman Beer Garden. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Sure, the beers were a little pricy ($8 for Blue Moon is pretty steep in my own opinion. I'm not Rockefeller!) but the views were amazing. And I met a bunch of Kristy's friends - it's great to be meeting so many new people that live in NYC!

I was probably 1.5 beers deep (keep in mind, I get drunk VERY easily) when I look up and see the last thing I would ever imagine - a mother with her baby.

Yup, this is the kid. Looking right at me
Now, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to raise their kids. I'm 22 years old - I don't know SQUAT.

But I think I DO know that that is probably one of the worst parenting jobs I have ever seen! However, as a very sheltered child, I can say that that kid will probably grow up to be insanely cool. Kinda jealous.


Still don't know how I feel about it...

<3, Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. I have mixed feelings about this. While I would never personally bring my child to a beer-garden or pub or any other place like it, I don't like how Americans have vilified drinking, making it more encouraging for rebellious kids to drink in the first place. I think Europeans do it right, especially the French, when they teach their children the proper way to drink. How to hold champagne glasses, for instance, watering down wine, and so on. It teaches the kids how to respect alcohol, not abuse it, and it doesn't make it the tempting no-no fun thing that parents meanly keep from them.

    Alright, rampage over. Still, babies at beer-gardens don't belong. What if the kid started screaming? We expect that at fast food joints, not places like this.

    ReplyDelete