Sunday, May 5, 2013

First post



I've been thinking about doing this for a few months now, and with a final paper to finish up that is due tomorrow, I think that now would be the best time to start. And procrastinate. This blog is going to document my first year of post-grad life. I am going into advertising in NYC. Yes, I do realize that with an incredibly low salary and the high cost of living there, it is going to be a struggle. But I've dreamt (spell check says that's not a word, but I'm pretty sure it's lying right now) about moving to New York my whole life, and I've wanted to go into advertising for over 7 years. When I set my mind out to do something, it is going to happen. You can quote me on that. Well, actually, it will be already quoted since I just wrote it and this is my blog.

Yea, so I am not sure who all is going to read this. It's really just so I can remember my first year out of school. I'll look at this blog later in my life and look back on how much fun I had/how naive I was. This entire time, I am going to try to remain anonymous. My sign-off name is not my own, the names in the stories I tell will be changed, places will be made up, etc etc etc. We will see how that goes, I may have to re-evaluate if all the entries start becoming incredibly vanilla and boring. My worst fear is being boring so that absolutely CANNOT happen with this blog! I am not telling any of my friends about this, not listing it on any of my social media sites, and when I put a picture for my icon (yes I still have to do that) I am going to make it blurry. Apologies in advance if the photo ends up just looking like a bunch of colors and you have no idea what it is supposed to be. YIKES, that will be interesting.

So that is pretty much all I have to say in this first post. I've tried blogging before but I always get too busy to continue it, so I am going to say that I will try to update this at least once a week. If I don't have at least 30 minutes to myself every week, I'd say I am doing something wrong and need to make some better lifestyle choices.

That's all for now folks, until next time!

-Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I'm actually moving in a couple weeks (have to graduate from college first), and any advice you have on looking for apartments would be MUCH appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete