Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The apartment search continues...

Okay, so some of this Craigslist stuff is not as weird as I thought. Although I have run into a few of the "please scan and send me a picture of your ID so I can prepare the agreement" requests after my first email to the listing. That combined with the email being in barely-conceivable English is top-notch sketchball alert. Anyway, I have found a place I REALLY like and am going to check it out tomorrow (which also means I will be in NYC - YAY!). The girl renting it out went to the same college as me, so I feel like we will get along great. And I really want to live in Stuyvesant Town, and that is where this happens to be!

I've also tried roommates.com, which seems like it would be amazing, but if you actually want to interact with anyone you have to subscribe and pay at least $20 depending on what kind of access you want. I'm really starting to personally encounter that expression "no such thing as a free lunch". SPOILER ALERT: IT SUCKS.

On a completely different note, I have 2 close friends that are moving to NYC about a month after I start my job, and they really want us 3 to live together. It's an idea I would be entirely for, except I really just don't want to move twice in one month, and be starting a new job, and be still adjusting to New York in general. I feel bad, they really want me to, and it would be great, but personally I just can't do that. And housing is supposed to be completely about you and what you're comfortable with. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

If this is my experience tomorrow, I just might lose it.

Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have some exciting apartment news to report!

Until then,

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment