Thursday, May 23, 2013

Packing, packing, packing

I am now being forced to write this with SEVERELY LIMITED internet access, since the internet in my house has been officially shut down in preparation of us all moving out. I am basically bootlegging the little bit of access I get from the campus wifi that is able to get to me. I feel like it's the early 2000's again.

Unfortunately, this image cannot help me in this situation.
Anywaysssss, the past few days have consisted of me packing my entire year, and in some instances my college career, away. And let me tell you – I have a lot of shit! I anticipated having about 5 garbage bags in total to bring to New York with me, but that is now not the case. I find myself with 2 suitcases and 7 garbage bags. I’m not sure if that is too much for just the summer, but I have already sent 8 bags home with my parents. Seriously. I have way too much crap.

Packing my life away. It sure seems like that during this very moment in time. Pictures of friends ranging from high school to those I just met senior year. Gifts from friends I have not talked to since freshman year, and from those I just met a year ago. School t-shirts from all types of occasions to the few business clothes I have managed to acquire at this point in time. I really have no excuse to ever use the phrase “I have NOTHING to wear!” EVER again!

Though all of my college years were very different (I went from being a serious D1 athlete freshman year to ending as a senior who goes out 7 nights a week), I wouldn't do anything differently. I don’t believe in regrets. Why waste time being upset about things that have happened in the past? I like to think of everything that has happened as being experiences that have helped make me who I am today. And for who I have become, I am appreciative of it all.

Here's to no regrets. And to embracing everything that life throws your way.

<3, Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment