Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Working out the workout

If I looked this cool while running we wouldn't be having this problem!
I've officially failed way too many times at this.

Working out.

Ugh, even hearing the words makes me wince in pain. Being an ex-swimmer, I have definitely worked out more than one should in a life time. Recently, though, I have realized that when I am not training for something, I lose all motivation. Why? Working out just to work out SUCKS. News flash: no one enjoys sweating a ton and feeling like they are dying just for the heck of it. Sorry, even if you say that you love that "runner's high", I say you're full of shit. (Really, sorry if that is offensive, it's just my own lazy-ass opinion). You look gross, you feel nasty, it's just not a good time for anyone.

There have been countless days when I've been like "Okay, starting tomorrow, I'm going to get in a morning run 4 days a week." At the end of the school year, I was decent at starting and sticking to this. Once I get into a routine, I actually don't mind it. It's just getting to that routine that is difficult. I was going to go run this morning, but I am not feeling that well (classic excuse, I know), and with starting a job in 6 days, I do want to rest up. But now that I am feeling a lot better today, I want to start tomorrow.

Which is why I AM PUTTING THIS IN WRITING. It is officially out in the universe. World, tomorrow morning I am going on a run or to the health club!! (Depending on what the weather allows me to do). Quote me. Push me. Hold me accountable!

Tomorrow. I. Am. Going. To. Go. For. A. Run. And. That. Is. That.

<3, Charlotte



PS: JUST found this link, which totally justifies my laziness for today: http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/27-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-workout-today

4 comments:

  1. Oh it definitely sucks when it's happening, but you feel so good afterwards! I work out during my lunch at work, and it serves the dual purpose of keeping me up for the rest of the afternoon and ensuring the Dove hot chocolate at the office doesn't go right to my thighs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so smart/efficient! I need to find a way to work out and not get too gross during the day so I can do that. And I also apparently need to try Dove hot chocolate!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also dislike the after effects of working out (sweaty grossness), but that's why I go after work at the end of my day. The endorphin rush is great, and I feel like my day ends on an accomplished note. It also settles me in for the night, since I feel like doing exactly nothing after I'm done working out lol. Find a time and activity that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that is so true! Yea, I'm debating if I should do it in the morning or night. I tend to have a lot of energy at night (actually about to go work out in a little!) but I like that if I work out in the morning, I just shower and am good for the whole day. SUCH a pickle! Thanks for your input :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete