Sunday, May 26, 2013

UPDATE: Move-in Part 1 = Success!

Today, we officially moved all of my things into my summer apartment! I'm so happy that my parents approved of the place I picked out ALL BY MYSELF. Big girl moment over here!

We drove up to NYC  today, moved everything in, then drove back to DC to end the night. So, there you have it, it is my last night in DC. Right now. I'm feeling so many emotions right now it's unreal. Sadness mixed with excitement mixed with nerves - I'm just trying to take it all in and appreciate the opportunity I have been given (sidenote: the job starts in a week!).

Tomorrow, we are DRIVING back to Chicago from DC. KILL ME NOW. My dad claims it to be 10 hours but bullshit, it's 11 or 12. Ugh, it is going to be rough. Over the course of today and tomorrow, I will have been in the back seat of a car for 20 hours. Yikes, should definitely not have verbalized that!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="512"] Oh, the back seat of a car. Why do I have to spend so much time here?[/caption]

Welp, getting up at 5am tomorrow morning for the drive, so I'm turning in early (of course, not without watching a few episodes of Dexter first, streaming online now - I LOVE HAVING INTERNET AGAIN!).

Wish me luck!

<3, Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the almost finalized move-in! ;) Ugh though, that drive sounds terrible. I've driven from Texas to Illinois (17 hours); took two days and switching drivers every four hours, and that was a nightmare. Hope it's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girllllll, Texas to Illinois?! You are MUCH braver than I haha

    And thank you, I've already done this DC -> Chicago drive probably like 10 times so I'm so excited this is the last time! 12 hours and I'm donezooooo!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete