Sunday, June 2, 2013

And The Liebster Award goes to...


To officially accept this award, the blogger has to do several things:

OH. MY. GOODNESS. So Calli of Eat, Run, and Everything in Between commented on one of my posts saying that she nominated me for a Liebster Award!! (Woah, post-tag alert. Sorry about that, folks). Basically, the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award - Liebster is German for "favorite". It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It's a great way to interact with other smaller blogs and to get everyone more connected! HOW COOL!


  1. Recognize the totally fabulous blogger who nominated you!

  2. Write 11 things about yourself.

  3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.

  4. Nominate new bloggers! (WoOoOoOoOoOo!)

  5. Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.

(Sidenote: in case you couldn't tell, 11 is a VERY important number in the Liebster Award world!)

Okay, so I think part 1 was done through my tagging frenzy (thanks, again, Calli!) On to part 2: 11 things about myself. OY, I actually do think I am an interesting person but I SUCK whenever I'm asked these things on the spot. Here it goes:

  1. I am OBSESSED with the color pink. Seriously, my friends all think it's ridiculous. Even looking around my newly set-up room right now, there is an overwhelming amount. I think I may have a sickness...

  2. I studied abroad in China for 5 weeks. This was the summer before my junior year of college. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and I really learned a lot about myself and grew as a person.

  3. I have a list of crazy things I would like to do in my lifetime. It is posted as a sticky note on my laptop home screen.

  4. I want to work/live abroad. The company I am starting to work at TOMORROW (ahhhhhhhhhhh) has a policy where you can apply to work at one of their abroad offices after 2 years. I am soooo doing that, and I want to be in either Australia (preferably Sydney) or London!

  5. I have a terrible case of Gerascophobia. Fear of getting older. I am terrified of growing old. Not being able to do things for myself scares the SHIT out of me. I actually have developed a plan where I am going to work and save my money until I'm 30, then after that I will travel the world doing crazy things (a lot of which being on that list I wrote about for #3), and I will hopefully die before I'm 40 doing one of those things. 40 may seem like a young age to go at, but if you keep yourself up, you can still look like you are in your 20's I think. Of course, I probably won't act on this plan, but the fact that I thought about it is not healthy. Seriously, this is a terrible fear to have!

  6. I experience an unreal amount of anxiety when I am running late. I am an incredibly easy-going person and don't stress out about a lot of things, but if I am running late, I lose it! (I think it may be because my mom is a very on-time person, I get it from her)

  7. I go through very weird food stages. It used to be bagels, and that was all I ate, multiple times a day. Now it's Caesar Salads. I can't get enough! Even during breakfast, if it's available I will eat it. (I'm probably going to have to go back to the bagel stage though, since they are cheap and I am poor)

  8. I have known that I wanted to go into advertising since my sophomore year of high school. I don't remember what it was a commercial for, but I remember watching it and thinking "I can DEFINITELY do better than that!" So I picked advertising, and everything I have learned about it since that moment has made me more and more interested. I LOVE this industry!

  9. The first sip of alcohol that I EVER had was at the end of September during my freshman year of college. It was Natural Light (or natty, as we call it). I went into college a very serious swimmer, so we didn't drink in high school. I had fun without it! I was too afraid to drink even at the beginning when I first started college, but then curiosity got the best of me. My friends today call me "the biggest college success story". Haha, yikes!

  10. I may have been born and raised in a Chicago suburb, but I am never going back. I am just so much more comfortable out east, I don't have any desire to return to Chicago to live. In the winter, IT IS FREEZING! Sooo hard to handle!

  11. I'm still confused as to if I have this award after I complete all these steps. Is this all I have to do? Is there an official thing that needs to be emailed to me or something? Confuzzled to the MAX about this one!

Phew, okay 2 parts down, 3 to go!

Part 3: answering the questions the blogger who nominated you has asked:

  1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Probably the ability to read minds. Although I'm not sure what exactly that would do for my self confidence - people can be mean in their heads!

  2. If you were stranded on an island, what is the ONE thing you would have with you? This is going to sounds ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC, but I would have to have my make-up foundation with me. I can't leave home without it. It just makes me feel so much better. And if we are stranded on an island with guys, I need to be on my "A-game", haha!

  3. Who is your fitness inspiration? I don't think I have just 1 fitness inspiration, in my head I have just a persona - young city girl who works out to look and feel good. Not too intense, but definitely not out of shape! Goes on runs and takes different classes, but is not by any means super competitive or the best. She is just enjoying being fit!

  4. If you had to be on a celeb reality tv show, which one would you choose to be on? Okay, this isn't a celebrity show necessarily (unless you keep up with the seasons, then you know who the people are), but I LOVE the Real World/Road Rules Challenge series. Back when I was an intense, super in-shape swimmer, I reallyyyy wanted to be on it! The people are so fun, and the challenges are so cool!

  5. What is the one food you could not live without? Haha, I wrote about this earlier! Caesar Salads!

  6. If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world with any celebrity, where and with whom would it be? Maui, Hawaii (LOVE it there) with Zac Efron (no explanation necessary)!

  7. What is your biggest fear? Getting old (haha, talked about this earlier too!)

  8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Lactose intolerant - sad face

  9. If you could go professional in ANY sport, what would it be? Swimming! I just wish I was better when I swam so I could have had the option.

  10. Would you eat 1 cup full of worms for a thousand dollars? No. Ew, getting shivers just from thinking about that!

  11. If you (your personality) were an animal in another life, what would it be? A bird, because I'm super care free and am always down going anywhere or doing anything!

Part 4: And my nominees for the Liebster Award are...

Yup, decided to stay with the "11" theme for that!

Part 5: Okay, nominees, here are your questions:

  1. What is the most important thing you want your readers to take away from your blog?

  2. If you got a tattoo, what would you get, where would you get it, and why?

  3. Favorite song of all time?

  4. If you could go back to any time period, what would it be?

  5. What is your guiltiest pleasure? 

  6. What is your favorite celebrity couple?

  7. What crazy crayola crayon color best describes you?

  8. If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose and why?

  9. What is your favorite holiday?

  10. If you had an entourage with 3 celebrities, who would they be?

  11. What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without?

Keep nominating other small blogs! Such a cool idea to get your name out there and to find new blogs you love!

<3, Charlotte

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! Thanks so much for nominating me! I'll start working on this right away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] Fun news – I was nominated for a Liebster Award by My Crazy, New York, Post Grad Life! […]

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] when I did this for the Liebster Award, I wrote a little about what the award is for. From a quick online search, I really can’t […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] steal entirely from my last post - the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award – Liebster is German for “favorite”. It is […]

    ReplyDelete