Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Looking to join a chapel choir

I've never really said my views on religion or politics in this blog. Mainly because I believe the philosophy live and let live. If you want to do something, by all means, do it. Just don't go rubbing it in my face and try to get me to believe what you believe. That's annoying.

I'm an atheist. I was raised Jewish, but I went to a Jesuit university, and my favorite holiday is Christmas. So I've been pretty much all over the place. I started doubting the existence of a higher power in high school, and by college I decided to just go for it and rule it out completely. So yes, I don't believe that anything greater than what is happening on earth exists - evolution is proven fact, and that's what I plan on sticking by.

Okay, enough of that. Here is the point of this post.

I am going to join a chapel choir. I miss singing and having music in my life! I have played piano since first grade and I took voice lessons and was in choirs all throughout high school. I even was in a chapel choir at my college for a year! It was something that was such a huge part of who I was for so long, now that I just have to focus on my job, may as well go back to my roots and take up a new/old hobby. :)

No idea who any of these kids are. Or what they're singing.
So, I've decided that that is going to be one of my activities. I am actually about to look up different churches in NYC and see what the deal with their programs is. AHHH I'm pretty nervous because I haven't done real singing in soooo long, but I really am excited to get back into music. It has been missing from my life for too long. (Sidenote: this is a perfect time to join so I can become comfortable with the church by Christmas, and I'll be able to celebrate in PRIME FORM!)

Here goes nothing...

<3, Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. I'm an atheist, too. Let me know how it all goes! I don't think you're going to burst into flames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] gun a little early on this one, but Christmas is my absolute FAVORITE holiday. If you remember in another post I’ve written, I was raised Jewish and am now an atheist. So, why do I like Christmas so much? (Sidenote: I do […]

    ReplyDelete