Monday, June 17, 2013

Helping the homeless

Just a pretty pic of Bryant Park that I found!
On my way to work everyday, I walk by the same homeless girl right across from Bryant Park. She always is sitting Indian-style and doesn't actually talk or anything. She sometimes has a sign up, but she always has a little cup for people to put money in. Last week, she wasn't there for a day and I got really sad thinking about what could have happened to her.

This week, I have decided that I am going to help her out.

See, everyday at work, we have snack time (sounds babyish I know, but it's actually the best thing ever. SO MUCH FREE FOOD!). There are always some random things to eat, and there are usually granola bars that are free to take. I've decided that I am going to start taking an extra granola bar every day so I can give it to this woman on my walk every morning. I know it's not that much, but it will at least be a little snack that she can have (I am NOT going to give money because who knows what will be done with it, food is the best thing I can give I think).

Well, just my luck that today I MISSED snack time because of all the work I had to do! UGH SO PISSED, but I bought a granola from the vending machine to give to her tomorrow. Call me crazy, but I'm actually excited to do this and see what happens! (And hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get a snack because I literally cannot afford to do this everyday)

It's a small gesture for one of thousands of homeless people in NYC, but I feel incredibly good about it. :)

<3, Charlotte

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how this goes for you! That's an awesome idea. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] lady some food (a nature valley granola bar – pretty substantial if I say so myself!). Per my last post on this topic, I wanted to do this every day at least for the summer – because I have no idea if my route […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! She wasn't there today though, AHHH hopefully she will be tomorrow!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] the homeless lady is officially gone. In fact, someone has taken her spot! At least they did […]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea. I gave bread to a homeless man once. It was multi-grain! I felt like a superhero for a minute and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha but really it makes you feel like the greatest person alive! (Even if it is only for 90 seconds)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete