Tuesday, June 11, 2013

No credit is apparently bad credit

Last week, I tried to apply for a credit card. Yesterday morning, I got not one but TWO letters from the bank saying that they couldn't give me a card because of a "lack of credit history".

HAPPY MONDAY TO ME!

One of the beautiful things about America is that you're innocent until proven guilty. CREDIT CARD COMPANIES NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM! I have even been an authorized co-user on my parents card for like 3 years now, so this makes no sense to me. I should have some credit, right?!

At least this lady HAS a card to cut up!
Anyways, it was a bad start to an overall rough day. Work has a HUGE learning curve, but today it was a lotttt better, so I'm hoping the worst is over!

I am going to try to apply to another card that is a little less prestigious than the one I attempted to get to build some credit, then hopefully in 6 months after I use this card and the company that rejected me will see that I am a stable human being who is able to pay off her credit card bills every month!

<3, Charlotte

PS: sorry, this post may be all over the place. My head is so foggy after today at work and I am DEFINITELY not thinking clearly!

4 comments:

  1. I got my first one through Chase...but the interest rate was ridiculous! Even still, a few years later I was turned down by another bank. If you keep having issues, try getting a store credit card at a place you shop at A LOT so you can buy something and pay it off each month to show you're able to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase was actually the place that rejected me! I just tried applying to Discover though so FINGERS CROSSED on that one! If that doesn't work, I'm definitely going to have to go the store route - thanks for the tip :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I TOTALLY understand. I just went to buy my first car. I needed it financed because I'm a broke grad student and driving around in my old 1992 Buick wasn't working anymore. So they check out my credit and I'm figuring it can't be bad, I'm young and (sort of) fiscally responsible. They come back and tell me that I don't have enough credit so I can't finance the car. This seems backwards, right? How do we get credit if no one will allow us to build any?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I know right?! You should automatically have good credit until you prove otherwise!! Soooo not fair. :/

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete