Sunday, June 9, 2013

Central Park = New York City's version of a beach

So today was CRAZY busy! I got lunch with Kati of Spontaneity or Second Guesses which was totally fun! We went to Moonshine Diner and I had the most amazinggg chili fries on the planet.

And then the insane amount of walking started.

I have no idea why I just prefer to walk everywhere in NYC. It's actually getting to be insane because I really need to learn the different subway lines and figure that out, but I just think that summer in the city is meant for exploring and walking around! The walks even go by fast because I'm so busy taking everything in, 20 blocks feels like it only takes 5 minutes.

I walked all the way from 30th St and 3rd Ave to 83rd St and 3rd to meet Kristy (my work friend). She lives in the upper east side, and we wanted to go lay out in Central Park since we've become DISGUSTINGLY PALE from being inside working all day! It took a little over an hour, but I met Kristy and one of her friends at a restaurant where they were eating lunch, and after we walked to the park.

It would have been a totally easy trip, but the Puerto Rican parade was today, which was quite a struggle to get around. It literally took us an extra half hour to get to an area of the park where we could actually sit! I had probably walked at least 4 mile by the time we got to our spot.

So pretty!
We finally arrived, and I was incredibly excited to see that SO MANY PEOPLE WERE WEARING BATHING SUITES! Yes, folks, apparently in the summer Central Park is New York City's beach. Seriously. All it's missing is sand. Needless to say, we are going back next week and are going to be wearing our bikinis. Maybe the summer my tan won't be a lost cause after all...

Anyway, between all the walking and the tanning today, I'm wiped out! I am going to get ready for the work week and watch a movie (well, attempt to watch a movie), before passing out.

Week 2, here I come!

<3, Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Had fun with you lady! Need to head up to Central Park myself one of these weekends!

    ReplyDelete