Saturday, June 8, 2013

The best work happy hour there ever was

Apparently the company I work for has a happy hour every Friday. And by "happy hour", I mean all drinks are free. As many as you want. All free.

Yesterday's happy hour was obviously my first, and it was at a German beer house in Midtown West. IT WAS AWESOME. One of the other new hire girls I got lunch with the other day, let's call her Kristy, went with me (both of our departments weren't going, but we didn't want to turn down FREE DRINKS). We ended up having suchh a good time! We got to meet a lot of people we had never seen before, and we both got a free liter of beer on top of it.

This is the size of the beer we got. WOWZA
Some of my coworkers all decided to order shots, so that was crazy, when all of a sudden this guy walks up next to me to watch these questionable life choices that were being made. I started to make small talk with him - after all, I was here to meet more coworkers, and he seemed nice. I asked him what department he was working in at the agency and he looked at me and said "oh, no, I don't work here. I actually work at a bank but this looked a lot more fun than the table I was sitting at, so I decided to check it out."

We ended up talking for awhile. He would leave and go back to his work thing and then come back to hang out a little. We surprisingly hit it off really well! When I was leaving, he took down my number and texted me later that night on his way home (bummer, he lives at home in New Jersey, so he didn't stay the night in the city). Not sure what will result from it, but I'm curious to see! (Kristy even noticed how well we got along and talked with me about it later that night)

If this is how a typical work happy hour is, then I cannot WAIT to go to more!

<3, Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun first time out with your new co-workers and bonus, found a man worth talking to :D can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete