Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sharing a bathroom: Real World Edition

Every weekday morning, my alarm rings at 6:30am. Why do I get up so early? Because that is the only time I know I will be able to get into the bathroom to shower. I usually shower and then nap for an extra 30 minutes and then get ready for my day at around 7:30.
How SICK would it be to have this shower?!
See, that's one thing that they do not warn you about the real world - when everyone you're living with has similar schedules, it is CRUCIAL that you make sure you know how to share the bathroom! My apartment has not created a solid schedule, and this has been slightly problematic.

Before I decided to begin my routine at 6:30, there were some days when I couldn't get into the bathroom when I ideally wanted to. I would be sitting in my room, unable to get ready or do basically anything because the first thing that I needed to do was get into the shower!!! What a crappy way to start off your day, worrying about when you are going to be able to clean yourself. UGH, NOT worth the worry! (Sidenote: even yesterday, A SATURDAY, I needed to shower before getting ready to meet my future roommate for brunch and my roommate was using the bathroom at the exact time I needed it! This is not an ideal situation.)

So basically, I think that no more than 2 people should be allowed to share a bathroom in the real world. College is a different ball game with everyone's weird schedules so I never ran into problems at school, but this is just madness!

Really looking forward to moving in with my friend in September :)

<3, Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. I had such an issue with bathroom sharing this past year in my house on campus. Pretty much every time I would get ready to take a shower and reach for my door handle, one of my roommates would WITHOUT FAIL spontaneously emerge from her room and get to the bathroom before me! Needless to say, I'm totally on board with your bathroom rule :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually switched to being a night shower person because of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH SERIOUSLY! So far the 6:30am time with a nap after has been working...hopefully I can just do that all summer.

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see that happening if this morning routine doesn't work out...life is hard all the time!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete