Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Family bonding: drinking on the roof of the Met

Saturday was a very eventful day. Other than getting brunch with my future roomie, I met up with my cousin, Blake, who I haven't seen since I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL. (Yes, we found this hard to believe, too, but when we thought back to all the family occasions we had, that was the most recent one we could remember!). He works for a bank and has been in so many cities - from Seattle to Dallas - I'm surprised it has taken him this long to come to New York!

Anyway, I had NO idea what to expect. I mean, I hadn't seen this kid in so long, and even when we were little he would hang with my brother and I would pal around with his older sister (typical little boy vs. girl interactions, I guess). When deciding where to go, he suggested that we go to the top of the Met because he thought there was a rooftop bar. A good sign, I thought. I was really excited!

View from the top of the Met. Beautiful!
And it ended up being a GREAT time! First of all, I had never been to the Met, and while we didn't go for the purpose of appreciating art, we passed through some exhibits on the way to the roof. He is also SUPER cool, and we are definitely going to hang out more often - it's awesome having fun family there. (Sidenote: he's also going to introduce me to his banking buddies - get at me boyzzz ;)).

The drinks on the Met roof are also AMAZING! I had a mango icee thing with alcohol in it. It was to DIE for. Plus, you honestly can't beat the view. Whether you want to look at the city or the quieter Central Park - it's all there.

I definitely am going to go back there in the future! (And I would HIGHLY recommend you check it out, too)

<3, Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. Aaaargh I so want to go to New York! It's on my list... one day I'll make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, you HAVE to make it out here sometime! It is AWESOME!!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete