Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Tinder Project


So last night after moving in, I physically did not have the energy to leave my bed. I was exhausted. And I don't have a TV in my new apartment. And both of my roommates were gone and hadn't responded to my text for the internet password. I was BORED. OUT. OF. MY. MIND.

So I decided to download Tinder.


I honestly had no intentions other than to make fun of everyone on it. I had seen a ton of my friends' "recommended matches" and they were HILARIOUS. But I was actually surprised with what I found. Sure, there were wayyy more 40-year-olds than should be allowed to even download the app to their phone (I encountered 8. I think they were serious. But really, I wonder if they are getting any "likes". If they are, it's just because people are making fun of them I'm sure). OH, and I also got a guy who immediately started talking about hooking up. (Needless to say that conversation ended right then and there.) But I was happy to see that there were a lot of decent looking guys. Even some REALLY CUTE guys! (One of which looked like Taylor Lautner from the pictures he had. HOTTTT)

I started liking some of the "potential matches", and even struck up conversations with a few. I got a lot of the "I just downloaded this app" or "I'm not exactly sure how this works" introductions, but that could have just been an act. I mean, it really was my first time using the app - should I give them the benefit of the doubt? I went with it and ended up talking with some of the guys for awhile.

ANYWAYS, moral of the story: I did meet a few guys that I think would be decent, but you never know. Nothing will come of this self-titled "Tinder Project", I never will talk with any of those guys ever again. BUT! It definitely helped me pass the time by myself, with no internet or TV. Would I do it all over again? YOU BETCHA!

In the future, I think I'll stick to meeting people in-person, not via a hook-up app. Definitely an interesting experience, though. First night in NYC, success!

<3, Charlotte

3 comments:

  1. […] orientation from 9-11am, and then I will meet my team. As one of the people from my interesting Tinder experience told me, they wouldn’t have hired me if they didn’t think that I could do it. I just […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] so in my post about Tinder, I say that I will probably never talk to any of those guys I met on it ever again. Apparently, I […]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now, my boyfriend is going to be 40 in July. It's not always creepy and weird! (Though, prior to dating him I definitely thought it was.)

    ReplyDelete