Sunday, June 2, 2013

Late night ramblings

HAHA - google image result for "stressed out person", this is great
I'm still up. I will be leaving for my job in approximately 6 hours and 15 minutes, and I can't sleep. As I sit here at my laptop eating a Lean Cuisine I just made (sesame chicken, a good choice if I do say so myself!) I can't help but think of everything that could go wrong in the morning. I keep having this reoccurring thought that I am going to wake up at 10am (an hour AFTER I'm supposed to have arrived at the office) and my day is only going to go downhill from there. I also didn't fill out the insurance form indicating if I wanted it or not because I do have 31 days after tomorrow to accept/decline it, but the employee website said that it was due as of yesterday. I even got an email about it! But it's been written twice that I have 31 days on two different forms. My goodness people, CONSISTENCY, PLEASE!

Oh, and I also need to remember to bring my passport. It's by my bag, but I just remembered like 30 minutes ago and now I am paranoid that I will forget that. AND, on top of it all, I think tomorrow morning it will rain. I have not tested out the subway commute to the office. I would have to take a cab! Ahhh life is hard ALL THE TIME.

While a big part of me is definitely nervous to begin my first big girl job (as you just saw), another part of me is REALLY EXCITED. I am beginning my professional career! I basically floated through college not caring about anything. Hey, I went to a very good school, and in advertising grades don't matter. Literally everything I learned was a waste. Well, except for the 2 advertising classes I was lucky enough to take - those were AMAZING! This is the first thing I've cared about in literally years, and I'm NOT going to let myself screw it up!

I have orientation from 9-11am, and then I will meet my team. As one of the people from my interesting Tinder experience told me, they wouldn't have hired me if they didn't think that I could do it. I just have to keep remembering that any time I get stressed. ALSO, someone from my company recently wrote an article giving advice to young professionals in the advertising field, so I have read through that once or twice. Or maybe four times. (News alert: he is actually on the account that I am on! Though OBVI in a veryyy senior position. I'm still hoping to be able to have some interaction with him though!)

Okay, I do feel a lot better now that my thoughts have been written down. Time to go to sleep. Goodnight, world!

<3, Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh good luck, girl! I definitely get those irrational last-minute doubts but don't worry, I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! Minus what happened at the beginning of the day it was awesomee :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh thanks so much! It did end up going well, although it did start out as a potential disaster haha

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete