Wednesday, August 14, 2013

About a boy

SoOoOo dreamyyyy
Yes, I copied this post title from that movie with Hugh Grant. Yes, this post is about a boy. No, I am not looking to be tied down in a relationship at this point in my life. (See this post for my current thoughts about that)

So why am I writing this post?

I am actually not entirely sure! So I met this guy wayyyy back when at my first work happy hour at the beginning of the summer. Some of you may have read that post, but to fill everyone in, he works in NYC but lives in New Jersey. He went to a college in NYC so he tends to not come back during weekends (actually, he has never been back during a weekend now that I think about it). I can understand that, 4 years of this city would be a lot, everyone is entitled to take a break!

The thing is, I haven't seen him since that happy hour! I am not a big texter - I get frustrated with how long it takes to type stuff out, and I would just prefer to talk to someone in person. So we don't text that much, just a couple times a week to basically check in and see how each other is doing. He is also bad at texting, which for some reason falls under "my type". If a guy is good at texting, I consider that a warning sign.
Save the date for Saturday!
But anyways, it apparently was his birthday last night (which I found out when he let me know that he was in the city for it). But I had just finished up with swim practice and needed to take care of some personal housekeeping stuff, so I couldn't see him.

We just always miss each other on timing, our work schedules don't work well together either! We have also invited each other to various happy hours over the summer, but, not surprisingly, the timing has always been off.


Since I'm not looking for anything serious right now, I am keeping this on the backburner. I don't get upset when things don't work out because I know that when the timing is right, I'll see him again. :) We got along reallyyyy well, there was something there for sure. I need to see him again in person to properly assess.

Supposedly he will actually be in NYC this Saturday and we are going to see each other for a little...we will see if that actually works out!

<3, Charlotte

9 comments:

  1. Awww, well seems like you guys have a strong friendship at least! I wish you the best. And I love your blog. I really want to get to NYC and work someday! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh I am so flattered! If you know that you want to be here, you can DEF make it happen :) It's such a big city there's something for everyone! Seriously, don't let anyone ever tell you you cannot afford it, you find ways to make it work.

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks! :) My parents keep saying it's too expensive but I KNOW I will find a way to make it work! It's an amazing, amazing place. Can't wait. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title drew me in-- I love that movie! Good luck with the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha thank youu!! :) And I've actually never seen that movie - I need to check it out, I've heard a few good reviews!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo can't wait to hear more about this guy ;) hopefully you'll have many stories to tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha we will seeeee. Not too many stories I hope I def am NOT ready for that!!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] peak of my week was definitely LAST NIGHT. My friends and I met up with this boy that I have been talking to that I met my first night out in NYC. I wasn’t sure how that […]

    ReplyDelete
  9. […] I promised an update about the guy that I saw on Saturday night (I mean, the whole thing made it to the peak of my week – there’s some good stuff […]

    ReplyDelete