Friday, August 9, 2013

Booze Cruise #2: work edition

Yesterday, we had a company outing. And by company outing, I mean my company rented out a 4 story yacht and had a 4 hour open bar while boating around Manhattan. I'd say that's probably on the list of top 5 outings your company can plan. I was so psyched to go on my second booze cruise! (The first one was for a college alumni reunion event I went to earlier this summer)

Not only was it nice to get a day off of work, I got to bond with my coworkers, too. It was great to be able to interact with more senior-level employees on my team - I actually ended up eating lunch at a table with the Account Director, Associate Account Director, and an Account Supervisor. Just us 4. HOW COOL!

HAY GURL! (Yup, I took this!)
One of the best parts of the cruise was when we stopped right in front of the Statue of Liberty. Everyone was taking a bunch of pictures - it was the closest I had ever been to it before! (Next up: going to the top of it!)

After the cruise, my team decided to go to the Frying Pan, where we got completely rained on. It was so fun though, they have AMAZING sangria! (At least I thought so, it's super sweet and I like those kinds of drinks) I had actually really wanted to go there all summer, so it was awesome to finally cross that off my list!

Andddd after that, we went to The Standard Biergarden. One of my coworkers won $1000 in a beer pong game there, so everyone was in great moods! (How unreal is that btw?!) I didn't stay there for very long though because I was getting dinner and drinks with Chloe that night, so I wanted some time to relax before.

So after that, I walked all the way from Meatpacking to Murray Hill to take a nap at my apartment. Yolo.

What an amazing day!

<3, Charlotte

3 comments:

  1. I've been loving all your posts. Your writing style is so inviting. I feel like I'm listening to a friend at a coffee shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This literally just made my day! And it's only 6:30am. Thank you!!!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete