Thursday, August 1, 2013

3 months until Christmas music time!!

A pic I took in Macy's when I was in NYC during Christmas 2 years ago.
What's not to like about this?!
It's officially August 1, and you know what that means...Besides the whole summer is flying by thing, THERE'S ONLY 3 MONTHS UNTIL IT'S ACCEPTABLE TO LISTEN TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

Now, I will admit that I do jump the gun a little early on this one, but Christmas is my absolute FAVORITE holiday. If you remember in another post I've written, I was raised Jewish and am now an atheist. So, why do I like Christmas so much? (Sidenote: I do believe in Santa - he's real! Just watch the movie Elf). Well, here's why it's the BEST HOLIDAY EVER:

  1. For a solid month, everyone is nice to each other. Whether it's holding the door for someone when you wouldn't have because you feel joy all around you, or you take the time to smile at someone when they ring up your groceries and wish them a happy holidays, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is in a great mood during the holiday season! Ahh it just makes me so happy when everyone is so nice!

  2. The decorations. Whether it's some extra bells on a store door or wreaths hung on light posts in the city, everywhere is absolutely beautiful during this time of year. I'm getting butterflies just thinking of all the lights shining so bright when it's dark outside, and seeing all the random Christmas trees everywhere just makes me feel so warm inside. Of course, the decorations aren't complete without...

  3. The beautiful snow. That is if mother nature stops being a little bitch and actually makes it snow on Christmas. The weather out east (not sure in NYC, but DC last year was SO BIZARRE) has been funky. Actually, everywhere it's been so weird lately. The snow is partially what makes this holiday so great!

  4. Santa! No further explanation necessary.

  5. The Christmas movies. They are all just so happy and hopeful. Whether it's Home Alone (an obvious classic) or Love Actually (one of my favorite movies EVER), Christmas movies have become their own category, and I could not be more thrilled about it!

  6. Mad discounts at almost every store. While my wallet doesn't appreciate it, this is undoubtedly one of the best parts of the holiday season. Even though I knowww I don't need 5 new shirts for the price of 3, I'm going to buy them anyways. YOLO.

  7. Last but not least, Christmas Music (it should have been obvious that this would be on this list from how I started this post!). Whether it's holiday classics like The First Noel or The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, or new songs like All I Want for Christmas is You, CHRISTMAS MUSIC IS THE BEST MUSIC TO EVER EXIST ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but all the songs are so happy and they just put everyone in a good mood! (Perhaps that's a partial cause to #1 on this list...?)

So, next time you're sad about the summer flying by, just think of the Holiday Season that's yet to come. Oh boy, I am so excited to spend it in NYC!!!

<3, Charlotte

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute : ) I love Christmas too - especially in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yess! I'm excited to live here during the holidays this year! I'll definitely be posting all the time about it I'm sure :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is what's not to like about that picture (I used to work at Herald Square Macys)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pro tip: If you want to see the Rockefeller tree, do it FIRST THING in the morning. Like. 8 am. Before all the tourists get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS SO SMART! Yes I will definitely be doing it. Worth getting up super early and missing the rush to have a better experience!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha no wayy even the holidays were terrible working there?!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your blog also! Great to see other recent college grads experiencing the same things you are :)

    xoxo, Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas has already started with Hallmark and their Ornament Debut in July! I love Christmas too, but I like the movie Prep & Landing! Another kid at heart, what can I say! ;-)

    ReplyDelete