Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Self-tanner experience #1: St. Tropez

I talked about how I am feeling UNBELIEVABLY PALE right now, and someone suggested on that post to try self-tanners and then write about it. So that is what I'm doing now.

This is the bottle! (PS, like my NYC poster
in the background?!)
I went to Sephora today to get new, paler foundation (sad face), and while I was there, I decided to treat myself to a nicer tanning lotion - St. Tropez. It was $30, so A LOT more expensive than what I'm used to paying (I usually use a L'oreal one that you can get from CVS or Target or something), but desperate times call for desperate measures. The lady at the cash register also said that it works VERY WELL and that I should watch the more detailed parts of my skin (ie elbows, near the eyes, etc). Very interested to see if she is right.

I've just applied the lotion and I guess we will see how it looks tomorrow! It isn't tinted so that's good that it won't get all over my sheets and clothes while I sleep tonight. It also went on pretty thick, so I really feel moisturized! My skin feels so soft :)

The before shot...(sorry I look extremely awful here, it's been a loooong day!)
The before shot...(sorry I look extremely awful here, it's
been a looooong day! And I'm concentrating hard.
And I'm pale.

Okay, to be continued!

<3, Charlotte

13 comments:

  1. it's heating up in AUS atm, i'd let you have some sun rays if I could! hope bottled sun works out :)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beautician swears by this and she looks amazingly sun kissed all year round! Tempted to buy it even though it is expensive, will wait to see how your tan turns out first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous! And thank you, it was okay - I have a post about the results that I will share today! :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working on a post about the first night's results now!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] was soooo excited about this St. Tropez tanning lotion that I tried, I couldn’t wait to wake up and see the […]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha aww I wish I could share some of my "tan" with you! ;)
    I always forget how lucky I am that I get to stay golden all year round!

    xx,
    j.parker

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM SO SO JEALOUS!! You are seriously the luckiest!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those quick absorbing parts of skin, ie. elbows, knees and face do absorb tanning lotion much quicker than others. You'll be happier with the lotions and until you find one just right hang in there; it's better than the alternative of splotchy skin and severe wrinkles when you're older. I must admit I'm 42 (and still get carded), but I have great skin, due to my sunscreen use and and tanning lotions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha yea, I guess I am just hoping by the time that I get wrinkly there will be amazing botox options to save me! Uh oh...

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this tanner!

    - KW
    http://musthaveboxes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so many good things! Hoping for better results after my second night :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. […] the first and second posts of this St. Tropez trial series, visit here (first post) and here (second […]

    ReplyDelete
  13. […] Self-tanner experience #1: St. Tropez (crazynypostgradlife.wordpress.com) […]

    ReplyDelete