Thursday, August 15, 2013

Self-tanner experience #1: St. Tropez results

I was soooo excited about this St. Tropez tanning lotion that I tried, I couldn't wait to wake up and see the results!

Slightly disappointing, I have to admit.

Before...
Before...

After (very subtle difference, the lighting in my bathroom right now is awful also, keep in mind!)
After (very subtle difference, the
lighting in by bathroom right now
is awful also, keep in mind!)












The tinted self-tanner that I usually use shows DRAMATIC results after the first application. It's usually like - woah, did you go on an overnight vacation?! I do understand that using a non-tinted self-tanner can take some time, so I am going to keep applying it every night and seeing what happens!

Pros

  • An EXCELLENT moisturizer!

  • No streak marks (for those of us who use self-tanner regularly, this is very important!)

  • No stains on my PJs

  • A nice color - not orange (from the little color I have from it)

  • Neutral smell (ALSO extremely important if you plan on using self-tanners on a regular basis)

Cons

  • Not as powerful as I hoped it would be

If you are looking for IMMEDIATE results, this is not for you. But I do like everything about the product so far, just wish I saw a little more color after the first application.

I'll get back to you tomorrow on this and see if I get more color tonight!

<3, Charlotte

10 comments:

  1. i apologize for hawaii hogging all the sunshine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love product reviews - can't wait to see you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expensive products not living up to the hype is the worst. I've heard good things about that tanner though. . . hopefully it gets better the longer you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha apology accepted. Still cannot believe you are so lucky to live there!!!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Yes I will def keep you posted on this one, I'm re-applying tonight so we will see if that makes a difference.

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I'm hoping. If anything I guess it's a good moisturizer that makes me slightly tanner...ugh, haha fingers crossed it gets better!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. […] For the first and second posts of this St. Tropez trial series, visit here (first post) and here (second post). […]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bummer that it wasn't as powerful as you thought...I was counting on St Tropez this winter :(!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW RIGHT?! I did hear the foaming one is supposed to be good though. In a few others (I need to buy cheaper ones after this one - haha) I will try that one and see!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! I can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete