Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why (my) guy friends are the best friends

Girls suck.

There, I said it. We are always bitching, always getting in fights, always looking for ways to drop those last few pounds because we're so fat. I have a solid group of girl friends, I'll have you know. But they have gone through Social Darwinism for real. Survival of the fittest. They are the ones that have superior traits!

Getting back to the point of this post, guy friends are the best. I've already told you guys about James, my best friend in the whole entire world. But he is not who I am going to talk about. There's a whole other group of weirdos I need to introduce you to!

I have a core group of friends from college. It is me, 7 guys, and 2 other girls. And it is the best thing in the world. For some reason, this group just works well together. Everyone is pretty different - we have a few of them who majored in classics, some in business, some pre-med. We are all over the place!

All of us (minus 1 of the girls) before a formal event we all went to :) FANCY!
All of us (minus 1 of the girls) before a formal event we all went to. FANCY!

But when we hang out, there is no drama. Everyone is just looking to have a good time, not start some kind of bitch fight about the girl across the room wearing the EXACT SAME shirt as them. Even if there are fights, they don't last very long. There was actually this HUGE fight that broke out when we played Beer Olympics. That's the thing about this group, they are very relaxed, but SUPER competitive. Luckily everything was resolved by the next day and everyone jokes about it now. Phew!

3 of the guys from this group are actually moving to NYC soon! And I am SOOOOO excited because I have missed them all so much! I used to go to their house (yes, my 7 best guy friends all lived under the same roof our senior year of school and they managed to survive) every afternoon and just hang out for hours. Yes, that means that I have heard a lot of conversations girls don't typically hear. Yes, that means that I am AMAZING at Nintendo 64.

It makes me incredibly sad that I can't just see all of them any time I want - I don't even know when we will all be in the same room again. UGH.

They seriously are the best!

<3, Charlotte

9 comments:

  1. Seriously, amen sista! I couldn't agree with you more. Guys are so much easier to get along with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, guys are definitely much easier to get along with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, definitely! By the way I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://thewomaninthedress.com/2013/08/17/second-liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know where you're coming from: I didn't really gain a ton of close girl friends until I joined my sorority in college!
    Hahah otherwise I was just like a million guys' favorite "little sister." Those fly on the wall conversations were definitely a real eye-opener, that's for sure!

    Btw, I blame my COD addiction entirely on my two boy BFFs! ;)

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU!! I will have a post ready about it tomorrow :) You're the best!!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Call of Duty! Ugh we are such cavemen with our N64 Super Smash hahaha

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. S and I are best friends, we were before we got together. He farted on my finger the other day because i tried to squirrel-grab(new buzz word in AUS lol totally google it!) him. TMI? We like playing UFC and soccer together. You're so right, before I had S I was always either with the boys or the girls, who were into sport. I had to work hard telling people I wasn't lesbian, they just assumed it because i had short hair and played in the boys league. Good read :) made me appreciate the friendship I have with S.

    K.

    ReplyDelete