Friday, August 16, 2013

Toys "R" Us in Times Square

Last night I went back to being an 8 year old. I got dinner with James and while we were passing the time before his bus at Port Authority, we decided to go to Times Square. While we were there, James turned to me and asked "Have you ever been to the Toys "R" Us here?".

I gave him a blank stare back. Of course I have never been to the Toys "R" Us here, I'm not six years old! Instantly catching his mistake and remembering that someone who doesn't go to NYC before they are 21 (that was me, folks) doesn't make Toys "R" Us a priority on their to-do lists when they get here, he said, "WE ARE GOING NOW!"

I have truly never been in such a magnificent toy store! There were so many different sections - you have a spot for toddlers, a Jurassic Park spot, a Barbie section (that would TOTALLY have been my fav when I was little).

T-Rex! (In the Jurassic Park section, obvi)
T-Rex!

...and James next to it. (Doesn't he look COOL?! Not.)
...and James next to it. (Doesn't he look
COOL?! Not.)
Best of all, there is a giant Ferris Wheel in the middle of the entire store! Ahh it looked so fun but I didn't want to embarrass myself and ride it. Or pay for it. #impoor

Ferris Wheel! Sorry, I reallyyy need to get better at taking pictures. Let's just blame my crappy phone for this one!
Ferris Wheel! Sorry, I reallyyy need to
get better at taking pictures. Let's just
blame my crappy phone for this one!

Overall though, it was definitely a lot cooler than I was expecting it to be. I don't have a picture of this (James took it on his phone) but in the bike and scooter section I tried on this SWEET helmet that had these spikes going down the middle. It looked like I had a neon mohawk! Yes, I went all out and literally turned into a child during the half hour I was there. It was also funny because we were both wearing our work clothes and running around the store acting like little kids - there was just so much to see and do! No regrets about anything at all.

No matter how old you are, if you ever get some free time when you're in NYC try to put it on your "places to go" list!! You can thank me later :)

Oh to be 8 again...

<3, Charlotte

6 comments:

  1. Haha...I definitely moved to NYC after turning 22, and I also DEFINITELY went to the Times Square Toys R Us within my first week of moving to NYC. But I'm also definitely a child at heart because I went to the Disney Store and FAO Schwartz that week too. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is awesome! Idk I never even knew that there was a Toys R Us in Times Square. Obviously I guess there would be but it never crossed my mind! Very happy I ended up going though :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this place so much. As soon as you walk in you turn 5 again :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yuuuuup! It was awesome :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I found your blog - your reactions to allll the amazingness that is NYC are quite similar to mine, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYY! I'm glad you found it too! :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete