Tuesday, August 6, 2013

All my single ladies, put your hands up!

You've probably noticed the different categories on that sidebar of my blog. One of the categories has not been written about in a long time - Guys.

Here's why - for the first time in a very, VERY long time, I want no guys in my life. There has always been a little part of me in the back of my mind that thinks something could happen with any guy at any time, and I've always been on the lookout to meet any guy, anywhere. But now I want no part in that. (Sidenote: this completely disregards all my guy friends because guys are honestly the cooler gender to hang out and shoot the shit with. My best group of guy friends is moving here in a few weeks and I CANNOT WAIT!)

But why this change in my viewpoint? I honestly have no idea. In my Summer Bucket List, I talk about how I wanted to have a summer fling. I thought it would be fun to meet a guy and start something up and have a little fun for the summer. When it came down to it though, I would meet a guys at bars and have no interest in starting ANYTHING. Now, I'm not saying I haven't done the dirty with a few guys in NYC since I've been here, but after it was done, I would go home and not really be into talking to him further.

I just don't want to deal with any of the complications that guys bring - the constant talking (which I HATE. I get so annoyed with texting. If you have something to tell me, pick up the phone and do so, don't drag a 30 second thought out into a 30 minute conversation!), the having to take time out of your life to hang out with them, the check-ins when you go out. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Work it, B!
I'm really enjoying just being me - learning more about myself, learning more about New York City, learning more about what I want my life to be.

I know there are a lot of young girls out there that would kill to be in a relationship right now (trust me, I know a decent amount of them), and here's what I would truly love to say to them:

We are young, we are in the greatest city in the world, we can do anything we want and be anyone we want to be, why do you want someone to hold you back from that?

<3, Charlotte

9 comments:

  1. Lol, when you said " ain't nobody got time for that!" But i couldn't agree with you more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of in the same place...I went on all these dates recently and didn't really click with anyone...then figured out it was cause I didn't really want to right now. Sometimes it's nice just to enjoy being single!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post. Screw the common perception that you need a guy after a certain period of time..well that's what it's like around here anyway. Just have fun, who wants to be tied down when they're young?
    On another line of thought, what is New York like? I'm front London, and I'm dying to go. Is it hard to live out there etc. etc. Love your blog!

    www.soniaskyesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I WANT TO LIVE IN LONDON IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS!! You HAVE to tell me how that is! NYC is awesome though. It's my first time living here and I loveee it. It's def not for everyone - you have to like just a ton going on all the time. But if you do, it's absolutely amazing. Any questions you have at any time I'm always here to answer what I can!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I love to keep busy so I'm pretty sure the 'hustle and bustle' of the city is for me! Is it expensive to live in NY? London is awesome! I find that a lot of the great places are really close to each other covent garden, embankment, Westminster etc. There is always a really nice vibe - like in covent garden you have classical music artists putting on a show, people making paella next to it, everyone joining in. It's perfect around Christmas, and all together really cultured! You should visit for sure, I love London!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a part of me that would love to switch places with you. As much as I loveeeeeeee being with S, there's a career woman inside that at times is slightly hindered. I think it's great, life isn't all about boys. The only reason why S walked into my life was because I forgot I had to start worrying about guys at 20.

    You never know, once you've completely ignored guyworld, it'll nip you in the butt!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. […] about a boy. No, I am not looking to be tied down in a relationship at this point in my life. (See this post for my current thoughts about […]

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] boyfriends, dating, true love, and the future: visiting my brother and his wife in Houston and this recent post by my “blogging biffle” Charlotte, of My Crazy New York Post-Grad […]

    ReplyDelete