Monday, August 12, 2013

To tan or not to tan?

I miss this!
I'll admit it. I LOVE TANNING. In college all 4 years I had the unlimited monthly tanning package (in which my freshman year I was RIPPED OFF because the lady told me to go with the most expensive package, and I later learned that I only really needed the most basic one just to maintain some color year-round) and I HATEEE being pale. I'm not saying that everyone should be tan, there are some people who pull off being pale BEAUTIFULLY (case in point: Anne Hathaway, Emma Stone, Amanda Seyfried, and the list goes on and on).

I am not one of those people.

Which is why I am debating trying to find a cheap tanning place in the city. Idk, I just haven't been able to get my act together to be outside for extended periods of time on weekends. Being in the city, it's hard to find places to go to wear a bathing suit and be outside. Besides Central Park, but sometimes it's just TOO HOT, and I need some place with water.

OY, I am being such a baby, apologies everyone!

But anyways, I am SICK of being pale. Once I move I am going to look up places near my building so I can go back to being the tan human I know I can be! (Sidenote: there is also just something so relaxing about being in the tanning bed. When all the bulbs are on and you can take a quick powernap and wake up tanner, it literally is one of my favorite feelings EVERRR)

Yes, I am expecting backlash from this post. No, my opinion about tanning will probably not change from it.

<3, Charlotte

15 comments:

  1. Very true! Except when it rubs off it looks funky. Idk, I just like to have myself actually turn tanner! :( Plus it is cheaper to go in the bed...

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words: spray tan!! I just had my first one and I LOVED it. I'm impatient though and don't have a ton of time to dedicate to tanning. I do remember how warm and relaxing it was to hit a tanning bed though. That, and I was in college with all the time in the world to procrastinate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm glad you have experienced both sides! I've actually never gotten a spray tan, but yes it is a good idea for something that works reallyyyy fast! But with me swimming now it will wash off quickly I'm afraid!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say tan. But living in a place like Hawaii, where I go outside to check my mail and come back in the house two shades darker, my opinion may be biased. ;-) Nothing beats the yellow orb but if tanning salons your only option...smoke 'em if you got um!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Kristina, spray tan all the way! Trust me i went through my tanning bed phase for sure, but since then I've had 5 huge moles removed on my back and I'm still in my 20s! Spray tan to avoid that at all costs, it will be worth it : -)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you! The power nap is great, the UV rays help improve my mood, and it helps to dry out my extra oily skin....spray tanning just doesn't do any of those things. I say use the bed if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a gradual tanning moisturiser...its not orange and doesnt rub off like spray tans, though it probably won't give you the same deepness as a spray tan. I live in Aus and 1 in 2 people get skin cancer (which my mum also died from) so tanning fakely is becoming (thankfully) much more popular. its also much nicer later in life...sun tanning=major wrinkles. Maybe try a few things...spray, moisturiser etc and write a post on your findings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I am glad you agree - YES I get so much happier after being in the bed!! So weird how that happens!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT IDEA! I think you may be onto something with that posting idea too :)

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. :D I appreciate the support!

    PS - sooo jealous you live in Hawaii!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that's so scary - I'm happy you're okay! Yea it definitely isn't worth it when stuff like that happens.For the sake of my health I may want to spray.

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are! ;-) Tanning will age you prematurely, you get spots you never thought you would have at 20 or 30 something, and the wrinkles will be, shall I say, more prominent in your 40's. I love Jergens tanning lotions, they take fair skin to a slight tan. I get the color I want w/o the orange haze; besides, they are great moisturizers. Skin cancer is not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. […] talked about how I am feeling UNBELIEVABLY PALE right now, and someone suggested on that post to try self-tanners and then write about it. So that is what […]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use the pale skin method. It's good for living in Seattle or among vampires.

    ReplyDelete