Monday, August 5, 2013

You flatter me! (Another Liebster Award!)

This is too cool. So Annie of This Northern Belle nominated me for The Liebster Award! I got one a little while back, but I am OBVI going to accept again and go through the entire process - it's awesome to help other smaller bloggers find each other.

To steal entirely from my last post - the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award – Liebster is German for “favorite”. It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to interact with other smaller blogs and to get everyone more connected! HOW COOL!

In order to accept this award, I must do several things (this is slightly different than the last time I accepted - I feel like there is a telephone game effect going on here!):

  1. List 11 facts about myself

  2. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (YAY!)

  3. Let them know about the nomination

  4. Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated

  5. Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer

Okay, let's begin, shall we?

Part 1 requires I list 11 facts about myself:

  1. My greatest fear is being boring (sounds pathetic but it's true).

  2. I have a "life bucket list" that is posted as one of those sticky notes on my laptop desktop screen.

  3. One day I want to move to either London or Australia - two of the coolest cultures that speak English (since I know no other languages).

  4. I have a very hard time telling right from left, which has sometimes made driving and getting to places very challenging.

  5. I generally don't get along very well with girls - a lot of my best friends are guys - girls are dramatic and that's annoying to me.

  6. Moving to NYC was the best decision I've ever made, and the hardest transition process! But I love it :)

  7. Moving IN NYC is one of the most challenging things a person can do, I'm finding that out first hand right now in the apartment search process

  8. I am OBSESSED with pop culture. The fact that I know what is happening with Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' marriage more than I know what is happening in Congress right now is frankly kind of alarming.

  9. Christmas is my favorite holiday. HANDS DOWN. Even though it's absolutely freezing, November-January 1 is my favorite time of year.

  10. Even though I LOVEE living in a city as crazy and fast-paced as NYC, I really need a couple days away in some secluded place. I need a vacation!

  11. I'm supposed to be doing work at my job right now but CLEARLY this takes priority! YOLO.

Okay, moving on to part 2. Nominate 11 bloggers to get the award! Oh this is the exciting part - having under 200 followers is key so that smaller bloggers can discover each other :) And my nominees are (in no particular order)...

You guys are all so amazing and I am so happy to nominate you for this award! Which leads me to part 3 where I will make you all aware that I have nominated you :) (will do that after this has been posted!)

On to part 4 - answering the 11 questions that I was asked when I was nominated.

  1. What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? This does not apply to me because I can neither cook nor bake. Pretty much anything that can be put in the microwave is a winner in my book!

  2. If you could invite three people to dinner (living, dead, real or fictional), who would it be? Rosa Parks (fascinated by her courage and ability to ignite the Civil Rights Movement), Jennifer Lawrence (she is AMAZING!), and Amanda Bynes (definitely would be interesting to see her in that setting).

  3. What is your dream vacation? Anywhere where there is a beach!

  4. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Watch movies/casually day drink with friends.

  5. What was your dream job when you were a kid? Be a famous singer - I think it's safe to say we've all had that fantasy growing up.

  6. Apple or oranges? Apples, unless I'm sick, where I think that by eating a ton of oranges I'll magically become healthy again.

  7. What is your favorite beverage? Anything with alcohol...hey, I just graduated college! Cut me some slack please :)

  8. What is something that made you laugh recently? The last question. Also my friend (Chloe!) that I'm talking to on gchat right now has said some pretty hilarious things.

  9. Favorite holiday? Christmas - woahh weird coincidence I said this in my facts about me!

  10. What book do you most recommend? Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy. That is just bc I'm an advertising nerd and I absolutely LOVEDDD it!

  11. Beach, city, new culture? Which do you prefer for a weekend getaway? Beach, PLEASEEE!! (Let's go right now!)

Finally, part 5 is where I make up questions that my nominees have to answer when formally accepting their award!

  1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

  2. Salty or sweet? (Food, just to be clear)

  3. Mac or PC?

  4. What is your spirit animal? Why?

  5. What is the TV or movie character that reminds you most of yourself?

  6. What is your favorite part about blogging?

  7. What is your weirdest talent? (We all have one - don't be shy!)

  8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

  9. What is the most kind-hearted thing you have done for anyone, with expecting nothing in return?

  10. Favorite TV channel?

  11. When you look at your life right now, are you genuinely happy with where you are? If not, what can you do to change that? (Now go out and do it!)

Again, thanks so much, Annie! And congrats everyone, let's keep the award-giving going!

<3, Charlotte

8 comments:

  1. On a roll with these awards right now! Checking these blogs out now, loved the ones you posted in your last award!
    Nora xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the nomination <3 You are so sweet! I am working on the post right now :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination! What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OF COURSE!!! And to accept the award you just have to do the same thing I did in this post - all the steps. Including nominating others and writing your own questions!

    Haha, my first time one of my 11 facts about me was something like "I have no idea if completing this means I get the award or what". But yea, it's super easy!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh thank you so much for the nomination!! This sounds awesome! I can't wait to get started and check out everyone else on this list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] off, I owe a BIG THANK YOU to Charlotte Hayes of My Crazy, New York, Post-Grad Life for nominating me for The Liebster Award!  You rock, girl.  (Hint:  Her blog also rocks, so I’d go right ahead and start following […]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks so much for the nomination! You definitely know how to show a newbie some love!
    -Jothy<3

    ReplyDelete