Monday, August 26, 2013

Second Liebster Award on Blogger!

My first day on Blogger, Emie of The World According to Emie nominated me for a Liebster Award! I'm just getting around to it now (ahh sorry it's super late girl!) so here goes nothing:

The Liebster Award is a "favorite blog award", as Liebster is German for favorite. It is given to blogs with under 200 followers and is a good way to recognize small bloggers for their blogs, as well as help them gain exposure and discover other blogs to follow! I love love love this award and am so happy Emie deemed my blog worthy of it :)



Of course, we must go over the rules for me to officially accept this award:
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated me (already did that - thanks again, Emie!)
  2. List 11 facts about myself (ahhhh usually I am AWFUL at doing this on the spot, hopefully I can think of some good things right now!)
  3. Answer the 11 questions my nominator had for me
  4. Nominate other bloggers
  5. Write 11 questions for them to answer
Moving on to Part 2 - 11 facts about myself. Okay, here you go:
  1. I am afraid of seaweed. No idea why, I think it's just the whole part about not being able to see that far under a lake (where the seaweed I've encountered has been) and then feeling it creep up on my leg...ahh it freaks me out just thinking about it! Gross gross gross
  2. I'm naturally a messy person, and I'm really trying to work on that now that I've moved into a nice apartment. I want to stress that I am not dirty, just messy. In other words, there may be my clothes lying all around my room, but I don't leave food out or anything. It's something I'm really trying to get better at though!
  3. I drink all things very quickly. No idea why, it's been something that has happened since I was little. Apparently I was drinking from a sippy cup at a young age because the liquid could get into my mouth faster than a bottle, etc. Kinda a problem when you combine that with alcohol and a low tolerance...#noregrets
  4. I've probably watched the movie Love Actually over 15 times. Ugh I wish this wasn't true because that sounds so pathetic, but I just love the British culture that is throughout the entire film! I really want to move to London (or Australia) in a few years, so I just love watching the movie over and over because for some reason I consider it kind of experiencing British life.
  5. I have a double-cartilage piercing in my right ear. I got it after retiring from swimming in college because I no longer had to worry about wearing a cap and it hurting. It looks awesome and I love it!
  6. I had a MAJOR Ozzy Osbourne obsession when I was in elementary school. It only lasted probably 2 or 3 weeks, but I listened to his music NON-STOP. 
  7. I believe that everything happens for a reason. No matter how bad this occurrence may be, it has led me to be who I am today, and I have learned from every experience I've had. I really like the person I'm becoming (ugh, that sounds kinda cocky but I think you know what I mean), so I appreciate everything that has happened to me thus far in my life, both good and bad.
  8. I have an obsessive personality. Sometimes a good thing, other times not so much. But that is why I think blogging is PERFECT for me - there are always new blogs to discover and read! It never gets old!
  9. I want a teeny tiny dog. I used to dislike animals. Not because I have anything against them, I just thought that if I wanted to spend time with anything, I would want it to be a human I can actually talk to. But now in the real world I would LOVE a tiny dog to come home to and play with! Obviously I am too poor right now, but in the future I am DEFINITELY considering it...(Also it would be a girl because they don't have a humping problem. When I come home from a long day at the office I don't want to worry about something that will not leave my leg alone!)
  10. The real world really has made me appreciate everything my mom did for me growing up. I want nothing more than for her to just make me food and do my laundry for like, a week STRAIGHT! Ahh I miss being taken care of now that I'm a real person.
  11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Blogger platform so far! Very happy I made the switch :) This is great!
Okay, as if you're not annoyed with me enough from those long facts, I now have to answer the questions Emie asked me (Yes, we are moving on to Part 3, people!):
  1. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 5? Definitely a famous singer. For some reason I had an OBSESSION with wanting to be famous, but now that I see that tons of famous people are WHACK JOBS I'm so happy I'm not!
  2. What is your favorite animal? Tiny dogs :)
  3. What's an interesting talent that not many people know you have? I can wiggle my ears. They're actually abnormally huge, I am self-conscious about them. But I can wiggle them!
  4. What color is your absolute least favorite? (Mine is orange.) PINK
  5. What was the last thing you cooked? Ummm, haven't done this in awhile! Does microwaving oatmeal count?
  6. What is one of your favorite hobbies? Blogging! I'm getting to be obsessed...
  7. Is there a sport you wish you played, but never did? Sometimes I wish I stuck with dancing. I used to do it when I was little but then chose swimming instead. It just looks so cool when everyone is in sync and moving in such neat ways!
  8. What are your favorite websites to surf? Buzzfeed - HILARIOIUS. People.com - credible celebrity news. CNN.com - because sometimes I get serious about stuff.
  9. Where do you hope to be in ten years? No idea! Stay tuned...
  10. What's your favorite tv show? Of all time? Friends. Currently on TV? Parks and Rec, Workaholics, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (yes, I have pretty big guy humor when it comes to TV shows)
  11. What is your favorite flower? I've never even thought about this before! Probably a rose because it's super fancy.
Part 4: It's time to nominate my favorite small blogs! YAY I LOVE THIS PART. In no particular order, my nominees are...
  1. What is the most important thing you want your readers to take away from your blog?
  2. If you got a tattoo, what would you get, where would you get it?
  3. Favorite song of all time?
  4. If you could go back to any time period, what would it be?
  5. What is your guiltiest pleasure? 
  6. What is your favorite celebrity couple?
  7. What crazy crayola crayon color best describes you?
  8. If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose?
  9. What is your favorite holiday?
  10. If you had an entourage with 3 celebrities, who would they be?
  11. What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without?
Should my nominees choose to accept this award, they must answer these questions and follow these steps. I'm going to go notify them right after I post this.

Thanks again, Emie, for this award! Let's keep spreading that blog love :)

<3, Charlotte

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 2nd award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! I love your blog, I'm headed to NYC soon! I'd love some suggestions of things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I will try not to disappoint! I think this coming weekend I'm going to be doing a lot bc it's Labor Day. Updates to come!! :)

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I love this and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) That really means a lot - so happy you like it!

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete
  4. Gahhhh I am literally just seeing this now for the very first time (yes, at like 2:30 in the morning - it's been a long and weird day) so THANK YOU a gazillion times! Heheh blogging besties for sure! <3

    I am loving MCNYPGL on the blogger platform, btw! Looking verrrry cute, chickadee! I feel like I'm at a little bit of a blogging crossroads right now, as far as choosing a platform goes. I love wordpress but blogger looks SO cool! Merrrr... Decisions, decisions.

    Btw, we have pretty much the same taste in tv shows too! Clearly we are blog twins, through and through! :)

    xx,
    j.p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is MCNYPGL?! Haha and ahh you have to do what you think is best, but I think having google behind your site is never a bad thing! Hope your day is better today lovely! :)

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete
    2. Heh "My Crazy New York Post-Grad Life"... I was way too lazy and sleep deprived to type the whole thing out last night! Or it might have just been my sorority girl tendency to create abbreviations for everything, even things that don't need abbreviated!

      Delete
    3. HAHAHA that is awesome! Kinda a personal insult to myself by myself that I didn't know what that stood for...OOPS

      <3, Char

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Love Actually!! And teeny dogs are awesome!! I have two mini dachshunds and they are amazing (and NEVER hump!!). I actually have a post all about my dachshunds written out already and planned for tomorrow bc I am obsessed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha LOVE IT! Can't wait to read that post :)

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete