Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Liebster Award: Blogger Edition

So on my other blog, I've gotten a few of these, but this Liebster Award is SUPER special to me because it is my first on on the blogger platform!



Alex of Monster Misa nominated me for this blog! Ahhh so cool, and so so nice of her :) I could not be more thrilled. Basically, The Liebster Award the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award – Liebster is German for “favorite”. It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to interact with other smaller blogs and to get everyone more connected! HOW COOL! (And very necessary for me on this blog right now. My follower count is currently very pathetic and clearly I need some help with that, haha)

To formally accept this award, the nominated blogger needs to do several things:

  1. Recognize the totally blogger who nominated you (Tagging their blog in this post to fully recognize what an awesome blogger they are!)
  2. Write 11 things about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
  4. Nominate new bloggers! (WoOoOoOoOoOo!)
  5. Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
Okay, Part 1 has been completed - thanks again Alex! Really really appreciate it :)

Part 2, 11 things about myself. Yikes, okay here it goes:

  1. I've been debating about the Wordpress vs Blogger platforms for a couple weeks now. After a loooooong consideration process, I think I'm going to go with this platform. There's just so much more opportunity for blogs to grow on here, and I LOVE the different customization options!
  2. I am OBSESSED with the color pink. Seriously, my friends all think it’s ridiculous. Even looking around my newly set-up room right now, there is an overwhelming amount. I think I may have a sickness…
  3. I have known that I wanted to go into advertising since my sophomore year of high school. I don’t remember what it was a commercial for, but I remember watching it and thinking “I can DEFINITELY do better than that!” So I picked advertising, and everything I have learned about it since that moment has made me more and more interested. I LOVE this industry!
  4. My greatest fear is being boring (sounds pathetic but it’s true).
  5. Christmas is my favorite holiday. HANDS DOWN. Even though it’s absolutely freezing, November-January 1 is my favorite time of year.
  6. I have a really bad sense of style right now. Hoping that by following a lot of these fashion blogs I can learn to fix that!
  7. I have a very hard time telling right from left, which has sometimes made driving and getting to places very challenging.
  8. The first sip of alcohol that I EVER had was at the end of September during my freshman year of college. It was Natural Light (or natty, as we call it). I went into college a very serious swimmer, so we didn’t drink in high school. I had fun without it! I was too afraid to drink even at the beginning when I first started college, but then curiosity got the best of me. My friends today call me “the biggest college success story”. Haha, yikes!
  9. I experience an unreal amount of anxiety when I am running late. I am an incredibly easy-going person and don’t stress out about a lot of things, but if I am running late, I lose it! (I think it may be because my mom is a very on-time person, I get it from her)
  10. One day I want to move to either London or Australia – two of the coolest cultures that speak English (since I know no other languages).
  11. I'm very excited to see what happens in my transition to the blogger platform! Very optimistic about the new opportunities that are here. And so happy that I was nominated for this award so early in the transition process :)
Okay, now that you know those 11 things about me, on to Part 3 - answering Alex's questions!

  1. Who is your favorite designer and why? Ahhhh this is what shows when I say I am TERRIBLE at fashion. I'm gonna go with Michael Kors just because I do love all his stuff, and it's semi-affordable if I want to save up for it!
  2. What are your best tips for saving money on purchases? If you are questioning it in the store, just don't buy it - when it's new is when it is most appealing to you. If you don't like it at first, you aren't gonna like it when you get it home, and then you won't wear it and will have wasted your money!
  3. On your perfect day, what do you do? Hmmmmm, probably wake up (not hungover!) and go to brunch with friends. Then spend the day shopping or lying around on the beach. Go to a nice dinner, then go out for the night!
  4. What is your favorite food? Bagels - so lucky I'm in NYC for that very reason!
  5. Whats that one fashion item you would love to afford but currently cannot? No idea. Probably a nice dress - I LOVE DRESSES!
  6. What trend are you most excited about this fall? I've been hearing a lot about the Cat eye sunglasses, so probably those!
  7. Whats your favorite magazine? Cosmo.
  8. Favorite item in your closet currently? This little red dress I have that I wear out. I just have so much confidence when I'm in it!
  9. Name 3 words that describe you. Happy, outgoing, determined
  10. What is your favorite food? Another one?! At this rate I'm so poor I'll eat anything that's free :)
  11. Why did you choose to start a blog? I wanted to document my first year out of school in NYC. But now that I've been doing it a few months and have switched to this platform, I want to try to grow my audience and learn from what others are doing!
YAYY it's Part 4 time. This is where I nominate other small blogs for the award! And the nominees (in no particular order) are...
Congrats to all the nominees - you guys totally deserve this award and I cannot wait to let you know you have been nominated!!

Now I have to write some questions for my nominees to answer (Part 5). Here they are:
  1. If you could go back in time to any time period, when would it be and why?
  2. What is your biggest fear?
  3. What do you think is your best personal trait?
  4. Hot or cold weather?
  5. Favorite food?
  6. Who is your current celebrity crush?
  7. What is the main philosophy by which you live your life?
  8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
  9. What is your favorite movie genre?
  10. What is your weirdest talent? (We all have one – don’t be shy!)
  11. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Okay, now I'm off to tell these bloggers about their nominations! 

Thanks again, Alex, for this award :) I love love love your blog and am so honored you chose me.

Here's to spreading the small blog love, and to The Liebster Award, of course!

<3, Charlotte

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so, so much for the nomination! Love your blog.

    xx,
    Lindsey
    realisticallylovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY thank you!! And of course - you deserve it!

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me. Check out my post: http://shorelifeofm.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award-nominations.html

    Xoxo
    mQs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited to learn so many new things about you! I envy your bravery, I wish I could move to the city. This is my first year being done with grad school and finding my way as an official adult and I look forward to reading your adventures as well!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really not that brave, just super poor! :) I look forward to your adventures, too! Us post-grads have to stick together!

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy NYC! I love this city so much. Wish it wasn't too crowded tho. Hope you dont mind I just answer your Q's here =)
    1- I'd love to see how it was during the late 50's-60's. My moms fashion and hair was so pretty!
    2- The Day After Tomorrow movie really happening! Hurricane Sandy kinda reminded me of that movie.
    3- My best trait is just getting to start a convo with strangers. Too many interesting ppl here to not talk to them!
    4- Hot weather for me. The less clothes the better!
    5- I can never say no to a piece or bar of chocolate!
    6- Jennifer Lawrence (I envy her life rt now!)
    7- "Karma's a bitch" =)
    8- I love water so to be a dolphin wld be awesome!
    9- war movies and romantic-comedies
    10- weirdest talent? I can eat a whole chocolate cake by myself (?)
    11- i love sharing all my thoughts to fellow beauty-holics and meeting such awesome girls like you as well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your answers!! Congrats, so happy I found your blog!

      <3, Charlotte

      Delete
  5. Aww thankyou so much for nominating me! I've already done that post :( xx ps. I love Michael Kors too!

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for nominating me! I really appreciate it :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaha, blogger for life! And I love pink too:)xo
    Follow me and I’ll follow back. Let me know when you’re done Also, I'd really like it if you were a part of the themed monthly look book on my blog Teeniolect HERE
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete